Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Happy St. Patrick's Day from Moxie Teenz Leigh (Photos)
Leigh is definitely the Irish lass in the Moxie Teenz line with her red
hair, light green eyes, and pale skin tone. The lovely Leigh doll comes
wearing a gold formal dress with gold earrings and necklace and matching
gold boots. She has added some St. Patrick's Day accessories to her
golden ensemble in honor of the Irish holiday.
Continued at: Happy St. Patrick's Day from Moxie Teenz Leigh (Photos) - Nashville Doll Collecting Examiner
Thursday, February 20, 2014
OK, I'll admit it, Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" is NOT about dolls! Well, it sort of is. It is a television series that aired on FOX called "Dollhouse" and it is about beautiful (and handsome) dolls... only that is a nickname for actives, and, well it gets complicated!
"Dollhouse" is an addictive sci-fi, thriller that sucks the viewer in with action, fantasy, and beautiful actors in season one, hinting at something deeper which is revealed in season two.
Eliza Dushku starred in the series which is now out on DVD, and she is definitely a doll.
I thought I would share the "Dollhouse" DVD season 1 and 2 review here, just for fun! You have to admit--it sort of fits. This is a blog about dolls, after all!
To find out more, visit Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse' Seasons 1 and 2-- a Review
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Sanrio Launches New Products at Toy Fair 2014
Hello Kitty mini doll sets by Blip Toys (above) are among the new product launches to be unveiled at this year's Toy Fair.
Sanrio, Inc., the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon, Hello Kitty, has an exciting lineup of new licensed product set to launch this year, which will be available for preview at Toy Fair 2014. Introducing product from both new and expanded partnerships, Sanrio continues to develop and build on relationships in a variety of categories in order to delight their broad spectrum of fans. And as 2014 marks Hello Kitty’s 40th anniversary, these top licensees are thrilled to help celebrate the incredible success of the beloved pop icon with this year’s brand new launches:
- Hello Kitty Dolls by BLIP – Suite #4A2 – Terrace Level: Expanding on the popular collection of full-sized dress-up Hello Kitty dolls that charmed young fans in 2013, BLIP will launch a new collection of adorable mini dolls, playsets and accessories at Toy Fair 2014. The new miniature-sized designs fit conveniently in a backpack or small bag, allowing Hello Kitty lovers to bring their favorite dolls along with them wherever they go. Additionally, BLIP will introduce an innovative Hello Kitty plush that dances to the beat of two original songs – “Dance Time Hello Kitty” is sure to be a must-have toy for Hello Kitty fans of all ages for the Holiday 2014 season.
- Hello Kitty Play, Dress Up & Feature Plush by Cartwheel – Suite #2D09: Cartwheel, an innovative toy manufacturing company launched by a team of seasoned consumer product industry veterans, will offer an array of adorable Hello Kitty imaginative toys ranging from Hello Kitty’s cupcake café to tea sets, dress-up outfits, bedtime plush, and much more.
- Hello Kitty Electronics by SDI – Suite #2D10 & 2D11: New in 2014, a collaboration with SDI will introduce a supercute offering of co-branded electronics for fans to rock out to, Hello Kitty style. Among the product lineup from this new partnership will be a Hello Kitty iHome speaker system and additional docking accessories, along with an interactive musical role play “Jam with Me” guitar and more.
On top of these highlighted launches, Sanrio’s new collections from Horizon, Mega Bloks, Jada, Ty, Just Play, MMA and Sakar will also be available for preview at the show. Be sure to join Hello Kitty’s 40th anniversary celebration and check out what she has in store for her wide range of fans this year.
# # #
About Sanrio®Sanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty®, who celebrates her 40th Anniversary this year. Home to many endearing characters including Chococat® My Melody®, Badtz-Maru® and Keroppi®, Sanrio was founded on the ‘small gift, big smile®’ philosophy – that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique products and experiences. Today, more than 50,000 Sanrio-branded items are available in over 70 countries and upwards of 15,000 U.S. retail locations including department, specialty, national chain stores and over 80 Sanrio boutiques. For more information please visit www.sanrio.com and www.facebook.com/hellokitty.
Friday, February 14, 2014
If you love sweet dolls in pink and red for Valentine's Day, you have come to the right place.
Here you will find articles with lots of photos of a variety of your favorite dolls dressed up in red hearts, white lace and pink flowers: Barbie doll, Chelsea, Moxie Teenz, Hello Kitty, Cabbage Patch Kids, LalaLoopsy and more!
So have fun reading these timely doll collectors articles and Have a Happy Valentine's Day 2014!
When February rolls around each year, one of the sure signs that Valentine's Day is approaching is the dolls that begin to pop up in grocery stores, toy stores...
Thursday, February 13, 2014
The 2014 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue is coming out, but the big news has not been the models, but the doll! In an arrangement between Mattel and the sports magazine, the Sports Illustrated Barbie doll is getting her own cover, and it is making waves. Is "the doll that started it all" all wet?
The controversial move is once again raising a hue and cry from all the activists who think Barbie dolls and swimsuit models create "unrealistic body expectations" in little girls. This is the same minority who thinks we need a fatter Disney princess and more plus-size models.
But both Mattel and SI have chosen to remain unapologetic. In fact, they have picked the hashtag #Unapologetic to promote the issue and the doll.
I looked at the controversy from both the doll collecting perspective and the health perspective. You can read my thoughts at:
Friday, February 7, 2014
|2014 Valentine's Day Chelsea dolls by Mattel|
Valentine's Day is less than a week away, and Barbie's sister Chelsea is all dressed up!
Barbie's sister Chelsea 2014 Valentine's Day dolls at Target
For fans of Barbie doll and her extensive Mattel family, there is good news of the very cute variety. The shelves in the Valentine's Day section of Target stores are loaded with dolls in all shapes and sizes, but perhaps the cutest are the little Valentine Chelsea dolls.
Read more: Barbie's sister Chelsea 2014 Valentine's Day dolls at Target - National Barbie Collecting Examiner
Also see: Barbie Valentine's Day 2014 Kelly Chelsea Madison Cupid Doll Set of 3
Thursday, February 6, 2014
If you love Hello Kitty, Sanrio has a lineup of gifts that will make any girl feel adored – no matter her age or style. With tons of options perfect for any girl who loves all things adorable, from candy red jewelry to cute Hello Kitty themed gadgets, the iconic brand beloved by women of all ages is sure to have something that they’ll crush on.
- A true Hello Kitty fan can’t get enough of the iconic Hello Kitty bow – and the Onch Movement for Hello Kitty collection offers uber cute, ultra stylish bow earrings, necklaces and bracelets for her to show off her Hello Kitty pride in style. These handmade, one-of-a-kind pieces come in bright, candy chrome red to make for the ultimate Valentine’s Day gift.
- One of the latest trends sweeping all of the fashion lovers off their feet is the highly stylish, daringly bold creeper – and the Hello Kitty x T.U.K. collection offers the cutest styles that perfectly balance sweet and edgy. Gift her a pair of these show-stopping shoes, and she’ll feel extra special this year.
- For the girl who loves her gadgets, a Hello Kitty wireless Bluetooth speaker set is a must-have. With touch panel control, all you have to do is rub Hello Kitty’s ears to turn the volume up or down – how adorable!
- If you want to pamper the special girl in your life, why not bring the spa to her? The Hello Kitty by Earth Therapeutics collection offers all the luxuries you need, from super soft aloe socks to cozy and cute spa slippers and relaxing eye masks.